When does the law require a crash report?

  • Injury of a person;


  • Damage of $1.000 or more to any one person's vehicle or property;


  • Damage of $200 or more to state or other government owned property other than a vehicle

If you received a letter from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation stating you were involved in a reportable crash and requesting you to complete a report, you must complete a crash report.  

To purchase a copy of a crash report, go to https://app.wi/gov/crashreports

  1. Go to:   www.wisconsindot.gov/crashreporting

  2. You need your driver license number, vehicle identification number (VIN) or social security number, and insurance information.

  3. Follow the website instructions to complete your crash report.

Report a traffic accident

How to report a crash/traffic accident: